Engels Nederlands Spaans Duits Russisch Chinees

VAT-registration of foreign companies in The Netherlands and EU member states

Structuring VAT-matters in the EU

The Netherlands applies favourable tax regulations regarding cross-border trade and transactions. We’re established in the Netherlands and abroad may apply for the required permit to make use of these regulations. Please note: this concerns a permit regarding imports via the Netherlands. In order to acquire such a permit, the foreign company is required to appoint a so-called tax representative (VAT agent) in the Netherlands.

The tax representative represents the interests of the principal, organising all VAT-issues. The representative is actually responsible for certain issues and therefore goes far beyond being merely a post address for the Dutch Tax Administration. Berbo Customs Services has many years of experience and expertise in tax representation.

The most common Fiscal Representation Services provided to our clients from abroad include preparing and submitting: VAT-return, statements regarding Intracommunity Performances (EC sales) and Intrastat CBS-reportings. We also continuously arrange the application of Dutch VAT-numbers and Article 23 licenses. Next to this, we can organise all your VAT-registrations and filings in all other 27 EU member states as well. Finally, we represent our clients during meetings and negotiations with the Dutch Tax Administrations. We are focused on a compliant Tax Control Framework to ensure you are in control with VAT-matters.


More information?
If you are looking for a party able to represent you in the Netherlands as a professional provider you can rely on for good advice when doing business in and via the Netherlands, you have found the right partner.

Please feel free to contact us through the contact form. You can also call: +31 (0) 314 664 600 or contact us by email

As soon as possible, but in any case within 1 workingday, one of our specialists will contact you.